- Awards & Achievements
- Caring for our students
- Community Links
- Friends of Newhall Park
- SARAC - Volunteer Charity Ambassador
- South Derbyshire Music Centre
- Thriving Communities
- Ethos and Values
- Facilities for Hire
- Governing Body
- Open Evening 2020
- Performance tables and Ofsted information
- Pupil Premium
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
The Pupil Premium is additional funding given to publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers.
Pupil premium funding is available to both mainstream and non-mainstream schools, like special schools and pupil referral units.
Schools receive extra funding to support each child registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years, and those who have a parent in the Armed Forces.
Schools will also receive funding to support the needs of each looked-after pupil who:
- has been looked after for 1 day or more
- was adopted from care on or after 30 December 2005, or left care under:
- a special guardianship order
- a residence order
For more information, please contact Ms D Millington on 01283 216404
Pupil Premium Parents Guide
Pupil Premium application form
Pupil Premium Strategy
Our Pupil Premium Strategy can be viewed below:
In 2019-2020 our Pupil Premium allocation was £177,000
Funding was spent on the following interventions
- Share successful strategies for all to implement in lesson planning
- Successful staff provide training to others, including video and peer observation/team teaching
- Focused literacy and mathematics catch up sessions for students below expected levels at KS3
- Prioritise PP students in attendance processes.
- Continue to prioritise and fund PP student participation in extra-curricular and careers activities.
- Continue to promote the school in the community through SIMS App, involvement with community organisations and hosting events.