All students attending The William Allitt School are expected to follow the school dress code established by the governors, students and parents:
- A black blazer with school logo.
- Plain black trousers or skirt of a formal and smart appearance, with a plain black belt - no Jeans, skinny trousers, leggings, chinos or any trousers cropped in length
- Plain white stiff collared shirt with long or short sleeves. This means a shirt with a fastening top button and suitable for wearing the school tie and tucking into trousers.
- Socks - black or grey. Tights - black or neutral.
- Plain black shoes - no Canvas pumps, no logos, black trainers, boots or high heels.
A letter regarding the new school uniform can be downloaded here.
This should be limited to a watch, one plain ring and a maximum of one plain stud in each ear. Nose studs and studs in other parts of the body are not permitted.
- Extremes of fashion in dress or appearance, including hair styles, should be avoided.
Physical Education Lessons
Students will also require the following items of kit:
- Navy polo shirt with school logo
- Rugby shirt – navy with sky blue stripe reversible with school logo.
- Navy football socks
- Navy shorts
- Navy tracksuit bottoms with school logo (optional)
- Shin pads
- White ankle socks
- Trainers (not black soles)
- Football boots (boys only)
- Gum shield (for contact sports – available to purchase directly from the PE office)
- Sports bag
School blazers, ties, sportswear and general schoolwear items are available to purchase from the following outlets:
Pupil's Schoolwear - Swadlincote
- Term Dates/Inset Days
- Times of our School day
- Caring for our students
- Student Assessment and Reporting
- Homework Guide for Parents
- Letters and information
- Year 7
- Year 8
- Year 9
- Year 10
- Year 11
- SIMS Parent App
- Online Payments
- E Safety
- Parent Forum (Discussion Group)
- Ofsted Parent View
- Parents Evening Booking
- Information about SEND, and More Able Provision