*Following a discussion with student council, plain black v-neck jumpers under blazers will be allowed as part of our school uniform until further notice. The jumpers do not replace blazers which must still be worn, and students will be instructed to remove hoodies.
Nearer to the summer, a date will be given from which tailored shorts can be worn as part of the uniform*
All students attending The William Allitt School are expected to follow the school dress code established by the governors, students and parents:
- A black blazer with school logo.
- Plain black trousers or skirt of a formal and smart appearance, with a plain black belt - no Jeans, skinny trousers, leggings, chinos or any trousers cropped in length
- Plain white stiff collared shirt with long or short sleeves. This means a shirt with a fastening top button and suitable for wearing the school tie and tucking into trousers.
- Socks - black or grey. Tights - black or neutral.
- Plain black shoes - no Canvas pumps, no logos, black trainers, boots or high heels.
This should be limited to a watch, one plain ring and a maximum of one plain stud in each ear. Nose studs and studs in other parts of the body are not permitted.
- Extremes of fashion in dress or appearance, including hair styles, should be avoided.
Physical Education Lessons
Students will also require the following items of kit:
- Navy polo shirt with school logo
- Rugby shirt – navy with sky blue stripe reversible with school logo.
- Navy football socks
- Navy shorts
- Navy tracksuit bottoms with school logo (optional)
- Shin pads
- White ankle socks
- Trainers (not black soles)
- Football boots (boys and girls)
- Gum shield (for contact sports – available to purchase directly from the PE office)
- Sports bag
School blazers, ties, sportswear and general schoolwear items are available to purchase from the following outlets:
Pupil's Schoolwear - 35 West St, Swadlincote DE11 9DN