- Awards & Achievements
- Caring for our students
- Community Links
- William Allitt Youth Group
- SARAC - Volunteer Charity Ambassador
- South Derbyshire Music Centre
- Let's Talk About Newhall
- Summer Activities and Support
- People Express
- South Derbyshire CVS
- Safer Neighbourhood Team
- Woodville Community Managed Library
- Ethos, Values and Equality
- Facilities for Hire
- Finance and Funding
- Governing Body
- Open Evening
- Performance tables and Ofsted information
- Pupil Premium
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
If your child goes to a Derbyshire primary school, you will receive information through your child’s school about how to apply for a year 7 place.
For all assistance with applications and appeals please go to https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/education/schools/school-places/apply-for-a-school-place.aspx
Where applications for admissions exceed the number of places available, the following steps will be used by the governors to allocate places:
- Individual children with an EHCP naming The William Allitt Academy
- Looked After Children or Previously Looked After Children (A current 'looked after child' or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangements, or special guardianship order including those who appear (to the admission authority) to have been in state care outside England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted. A looked after child is a child who is (a) in the care of a local authority, or (b) being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social services functions.)
Children living in the normal area served by the school at the time of application and admission who have brothers or sisters attending the school at the time of application and admission.
- Children who are ordinarily resident in the catchment area of the school
- Children who have a sibling attending The William Allitt School at the time of admission. Sibling includes a half-brother or sister, a legally adopted child who is regarded as a brother or a sister, and living in the same family unit.
- All other children not eligible under the above criteria. For applications for the year of entry received by the closing date, a catchment area school will be determined in relation to the address at which the pupil is ordinarily resident on that date. Once a waiting list is formed, a child’s place on that list will be updated in light of any new address.
We encourage you to visit The William Allitt Academy so that you can experience the warm and caring learning environment which exists amongst students and staff.
To arrange a visit, please telephone 01283 216404 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our leadership team will be pleased to show you around and answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to welcoming you to The William Allitt Academy.