If your child goes to a Derbyshire primary school, you will receive information through your child’s school about how to apply for a year 7 place.
For all assistance with applications and appeals please go to https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/education/schools/school-places/apply-for-a-school-place.aspx
Where applications for admissions exceed the number of places available, the following steps will be used by the governors to allocate places:
- Individual children with a statement of SEN naming The William Allitt School
- Looked After Children or Previously Looked After Children
- Children who are ordinarily resident in the catchment area of the school
- Children who have a sibling attending The William Allitt School at the time of admission. Sibling includes a half-brother or sister, a legally adopted child who is regarded as a brother or a sister, and living in the same family unit.
- All other children not eligible under the above criteria. For applications for the year of entry received by the closing date, a catchment area school will be determined in relation to the address at which the pupil is ordinarily resident on that date. Once a waiting list is formed, a child’s place on that list will be updated in light of any new address.
We encourage you to visit The William Allitt School so that you can experience the warm and caring learning environment which exists amongst students and staff.
To arrange a visit, please telephone 01283 216404 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our leadership team will be pleased to show you around and answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to welcoming you to The William Allitt School.